Pages: « 1 »

joe robbins
Dirt-Jumps.
Date: Jun 2, 2009 1:56:45 PM PDT
Author: joe robbins

I am writing to inquire if we can have some dirt jumps placed in a certain spot in cock ridge,i am asking you this because me and my mates have to travel miles and miles, to ride certain places.

we would appricate this becasue we would mantain the places and look after it,we would also make it a safe place.
Last modified by joe robbins on Jun 2 2009 1:58PM

Attachment:
800d310a96adb4d229b23dbfea70a863.jpg
   View
Description:

admin
Dirt Jumps
Date: Aug 11, 2009 12:36:01 AM PDT
Author: admin

Hi guys - first of all apologies for the delay in responding. We missed seeing the post initially and then we've had to wait until we all convened at a monthly meeting.

More info on the way within a day or so...

admin
Dirt Jumps
Date: Aug 12, 2009 1:24:16 AM PDT
Author: admin

OK - we've sent you a message to your private email address. Basically we're inviting you and your parents/guardian to come along and meet us to discuss.

In the meantime you may also be interested in other local places you can use a bike which you may not be aware of:

1. Wooden ramps in ball-park at rear of Hanham Library and Hanham Youth Centre (owned by HYC but open to all). These ramps are intended for riders to practise skateboard and BMX-type "tricks" as opposed to "pump-tracks" which mimic Olympic-style race tracks (see below).

2. So-called "pump-track" at Hinton Green. Access via road at side of Homebase or via Kingsfield Lane entrance opposite "Comet" roundabout, Aldermoor Way. Tarmac laid on earthen mounds, provided by Oldland Parish Council for all-comers. Very popular and well-used site.

3. Another "pump-track" on Hanham Common, accessed via Memorial Road and/or Whittucks Road.

Hope that helps.

Attachment:
558752efa111f5ae3c1b38d9010fdd58.jpg
   View
Description:
Boys in action at the Youth Centre ramps recently

joe robbins

Date: Nov 14, 2009 4:24:03 PM PST
Author: joe robbins

thanks for the reply about those options ..
but due too chavs smashing the ramps up at hanham they have been took away.
and also hinton green bmx have had alot of trouble due to peoples bike been stolen and items such as phones,ipods and etc have been stolen from bags..
this is why i am replyin to ask you again if we can the permission to build dirtjumps in cockridge.. these jumps will be about 9 jumps max but they would not look scruffy and messy and they cna be maintained by me and my freinds which we have a couple of years experince of build jumps. me and my mates are in the range of ages from 13-17. we would be there everyday maintaning the jumps and clearing up after us.. As i live in belsher drive i would be the main person who would be going there on daily basis. thanks for replyin. JOE.

Search Web

Google

Search Forum

Forum Tags

There are no tags at this time.