Pages: « 1 »

puppy
Ownership of Cock Road Ridge
Date: Apr 11, 2011 9:44:21 AM PDT
Author: puppy

Please can you tell me who owns Cock Road Ridge. Is it part of South Glos Council. I do understand the enjoyment of being part of an organisation to preserve an area of outstanding beauty . I cant understand why it is financed by donations and not by the owners.

alibaba
Ownership of Cock Road Ridge
Date: Apr 22, 2011 4:45:11 AM PDT
Author: alibaba

Hi Puppy,

Sorry for long delay in replying. You're right, CRR is owned by S Glos Council (ie, council-tax payers). There are numerous such sites around the county that are maintained by friends groupslike ours. While I can't speak for the others what I can say is that we do it because (a)we want to feel that we are doing something useful in our community,(for, as you rightly say, Cock Road Ridge is a lovely place to visit and enjoy), (b)we want to keep predatorial developers at bay, (c) we enjoy the exercise, fresh air and the companionship of other like-minded people. Our rewards are a sense of achievement and the (very occasional) thanks from members of the public for our efforts. As to the financial side, S Glos Council does arrange for the mowing of the grassed areas but we do all other work. We calculate that on average throughout the year we save S Glos council-tax payers (ie, you and me too) around 40 man-hours per month. At present we have only 6 active members and although we consider ourselves to be reasonably healthy and fit we could do with some help, so if you or anyone else reading this feel that you would like to join us we would be more than happy to hear from you. It's free to join, there is no membership fee, and you don't have to attend every meeting or workday - we are, truly, a friends group. I hope this helps but if you need any more information please let us know.

Search Web

Google

Search Forum

Forum Tags

There are no tags at this time.