Pages: « 1 »

CaringK9companions
Buzzard
Date: Jan 30, 2010 8:26:39 AM PST
Author: CaringK9companions

I have been watching the Buzzard over the ridge for a couple of weeks, people were talking about "the big bird" and as I walked around with a camera often asked what it was. anyway yesterday i did manage to get some photos. I laminated a A4 sheet and attatched it to the tree by the nature sign at the top of the ridge. I have included a copy here for anyone that didn't get to see it.
Last modified by CaringK9companions on Jan 30 2010 8:48AM

Attachment:
237375562434dd58c1cad207f05288f5.jpg
   View
Description:
take in the orchard about half way up the hill

BOB
Buzzard
Date: Feb 7, 2010 12:55:15 PM PST
Author: BOB

Great picture of the Buzzard in a cherry tree. If you were stood in the orchard, was the bird in one of the Cherry trees near the pond? This Buzzard has been frequenting the Ridge for the last 2 years now, I have even seen it perched on the ring road lamp post by the concrete foot bridge. Keep watching to see if it pairs up with a mate, and then possibly build a nest on the Ridge. It glided low past me the other day, to land in the only really suitable tall tree for nesting on the Ridge , The Great Oak,by the pond. It will have competition from the crows though.

CaringK9companions
Buzzard
Date: Feb 9, 2010 8:38:40 AM PST
Author: CaringK9companions

Hi Bob, thanks for the reply. no this wasn't taken by the pond, although i have seen it by there. This was taken at the bottom of the steps.. the orchard (apple i think) and about half way up the slope. Was kind of funny because just after that shot he swooped right at me and over to the lamp post you mention... i of course ducked rather than clicked! He could have been in those trees as a one off though because he was holding onto something he'd caught. If i see a second i will post on here...and try for photos.
Last modified by CaringK9companions on Feb 9 2010 8:41AM

BOB
Buzzard
Date: Feb 24, 2010 2:15:45 AM PST
Author: BOB

Yes he seems to like the lamp post below Steps Wood. I am getting to know when he/her is there now without seeing him/her, as I can here the gulls screaming at it. He is not bothered by either them or the traffic, yet if I creep closer to get a picture he is off.He could only get enough lift in the cold to get 1/3rd the way up the Oak tree.

Search Web

Google

Search Forum

Forum Tags

There are no tags at this time.