Pages: « 1 »

eccles
Hello thread?
Date: Aug 8, 2008 4:24:34 PM PDT
Author: eccles

How about a 'hello' intro thread?
And by way of starters, my name is Mike. I'm a member of the Avon Wildlife Trust and Butterfly Conservation. I've lived on the California Farm estate for nearly twenty years, regularly help out at events at Willsbridge Mill, but only just discovered Cock Road Ridge. So a big 'Hi' to everyone. :)

BOB
Hello thread?
Date: Aug 9, 2008 9:11:11 AM PDT
Author: BOB

Originally Posted by eccles:
How about a 'hello' intro thread?
And by way of starters, my name is Mike. I'm a member of the Avon Wildlife Trust and Butterfly Conservation. I've lived on the California Farm estate for nearly twenty years, regularly help out at events at Willsbridge Mill, but only just discovered Cock Road Ridge. So a big 'Hi' to everyone. :)

Hello Mike, glad to have your input with a nice pic of the Peacock. There seems to be a gradual increase in Butterflies on the Ridge since our plan for less grass cutting has progressed over the past number of years. This year is poor, presumably because of the lack of sun. Lee, our groups butterfly photographer, has plenty of pics of species seen on the Ridge, if you are interested. BOB.

eccles
Hello Thread
Date: Aug 12, 2008 12:02:41 PM PDT
Author: eccles

Thanks for the welcome, Bob. Meadow management is a tricky business. Some short grassy areas are good for bird's foot trefoil and common blue but longer, unmanaged grasses are also good for skippers and marbled white. Sites that have rabbits seem to do well with butterflies.
Best regards,
Mike.

Search Web

Google

Search Forum

Forum Tags

There are no tags at this time.